I’m kinda cheating today. This is a REPOST from Valentine’s Day 3 years ago. But, I thought it appropriate to share today. Especially the part about Jesus being our ultimate Valentine.
————————————– written 2-14-12
I am glad to be spending the day with my valentine. I was able to go to Emma’s school for her Valentine’s Day party. She seemed to enjoy having me there for just a little while. Then I went home and ate lunch with my boys and helped put them down for naps. I loved every minute!
On the way there, I was listening to the radio (KLOVE) and was reminded that God is our ultimate Valentine. He loves us more than we could ever imagine. He formed us in our mother’s womb and knows the number of hairs on our head and how many days we will live. He knew that Ian and I would be going through this long before this even began.
If you do not know the love of Jesus, now is the time to get to know Him. Today, a day when we focus on the love of those around us, know that Jesus loves you. He loves all of us! Gosh, where would we be without Him?? God sent his only Son to die for our sins so that we could have a relationship with Him forever! What a loving God He is!
PRAYER REQUESTS: Continue to pray for God to show us where we need to go. Lifecare still does not have a room for Ian, and they don’t know when they will get one. We are soooooo anxious to move on to our next phase of this journey. It seems like Ian is still not ready for a rehab like RIOSA either. So, we wait. And wait. God has us in a waiting room. We are listening closely and learning to be patient and trust Him in everything.
JACK: My sweet three year old is having some sleeping issues. He seems to be the one most affected by this situation. Last night when I was home, he woke up crying twice. He wants his bedroom door to be left open, which he has never requested before. Please pray for his little heart and soul to be comforted. Pray that God would give him comfort and peace and that he would know how much he is loved. Pray that the small amount of time that he sees me each day would feel like it is multiplied to much more time.
Emma and Luke: Also pray for their little hearts. Pray that they feel loved and that they know that this situation is only temporary and will be over soon.
**Ian loves all the details, so he wants me to share the following with you:
- White blood cell count is now normal at 9,000!!!
- Anemia is improving, but he will probably still be anemic for a while. Hemotologist came in and told us that everything is happening just as expected and blood is continuing to get better.
- He is feeling more pain in his hands and feet. This may be a good sign.. meaning that the nerves in there are waking up! Praise God!
- He has had his central line removed and he is on a regular IV but it is not connected to anything.
- He took a few steps (with help) to get to a chair in the room. then he sat in the chair for an hour.
- The hospitalist doc told us that Ian is starting to get boring. 🙂
- Ian is now taking oral antibiotics instead of through IV.
- Cardiologist does not believe that Ian will have any long term heart damage since he recovered so quickly. He still wants Ian to take 2 heart meds for several months to strengthen his heart.
- Ian had a dream about taking a shower a few nights ago. He is really really looking forward to it!
We have wonderful friends! We are so blessed by all of you! Ian loves all the visits, so feel free to stop by and see us in room 507 anytime!
Thank you all for the encouraging cards and donations! You have no idea how great they are and how uplifting it is know that we have such wonderful support! Thank you to those of you who have delivered meals to our children each night for the last 3 weeks! It was been wonderful that our kiddos have dinner each night without us having to worry about that. Such a blessing! You are all truly being the HANDS and FEET of Christ!!!
We are really trying to keep you all updated as much as possible. I will continue to post information as we get it. PLEASE pray for our little family when you think of us. Keep knocking on God’s door for complete healing of Ian’s HANDS and FEET!